Thursday, March 24, 2005

From the South

There has been a strong wind blowing in from the south over the last two days. Standing outside, I can’t help but think of where the wind is coming from. I imagine a place a few hundred miles south, somewhere in Sonora. Mexico. I haven’t spent any time there. It’s place in my imagination. A quiet town with a nice outdoor restaurant where a nice meal could be enjoyed. Maybe there’s a square in the center of town that people gather at for celebrations. People walk from place to place; you rarely see a car on the streets. The world moves much slower here. I wonder if this place really exists.

1 Comments:

Blogger Borya said...

Would be interesting to find out. I still can't grab what to think about Mexico. And you know that I was further south. Wish I could travel to Mexicali one day and tell you how it is there.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home