Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Little Things

I woke up on Friday at 4 am. I lay in bed listening to the rain for a while thinking that I’d much rather stay at home than drag myself off to work. I forced myself into the shower and went about the normal routine. I got in the car and anticipated another drive to work filled with constant radio station changes (my ten year old Chevy didn’t come with a CD player and I killed the cassette deck from overuse). I can’t believe how bad radio is today. People really listen to this junk?

After punching a few buttons, I stopped on the “smooth jazz” station long enough to hear the DJ announce that a song from Ottmar Liebert was next. They played Surrender 2 Love, one of my favorite rainy-day songs. It’s amazing how something as simple as a favorite tune can change your day. I made it to work and felt much better. Keep your eyes (or ears in this case) open for the little gifts in life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kym. said...

"Surrender 2 Love" can do magic... I know. :-)
Kym.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

"This junk": I could tell you stories from here. It nearly drives me crazy. But I have no right to complain.
Got a chance to listen to a street concert of Lila Downs in Oaxaca yesterday. She played with some young girls from the "Casa de la mujer". That was nice.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Surrender 2 Love can do magic, Kym's absolutely right! The kind of song you don't really notice until you try to, so beautiful...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kym. said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Kym.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

Oh man, they play Ottmar on the "smooth jazz" station down there?! Our "smooth jazz" station just plays... I dunno what you'd call it, maybe "music that drips with cheese". But I know what you mean about the radio - I end up channel surfing while driving - probably not a safe idea. Our cars are also cassette vintage - bummer.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Kym. said...

"music that drips with cheese"???
Well, I'm quite satisfied with my radio+cassette equipment. No one seems to want to steal it;-)
Kym.

P.S.
I seldom listen to the radio, I always have OL or L.Skynyrd on.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home