Saturday, May 14, 2005

One Hundred

Spring is officially over. Today’s high will be 100 degrees and the temperature trend will continue into next week. You could feel the change in the weather as this past week progressed. The air thins out and tastes different in summer. When outside, you can feel the intensity of the suns rays on your exposed skin.

I’ve had a number of thoughts rumbling through my head this week. Habits were one of them. I’ve been focused on how predictable my days are. Not that what I do is bad really, I just do the same thing everyday. Because of the schedule that’s kept Monday through Friday, I find it hard to break free and enjoy the weekend. I tend to stall out and do nothing. This weekend has too many family things planned and there isn’t time to take a drive and escape the city, as I’d like to. I find the Phoenix area is just too crowded. I need some room.

Ottmar’s mention of his retreat reminds me that I need to do the same. It’s time to recharge.

5 Comments:

Blogger MissMichindo said...

option #1: i rent out disneyworld for one day and we hit that shit callahan-style.
option #2: southwestern roadtrip (again, hitting the shit callahan-style) ending in book deal with film option (perhaps real-life superstar siblings john and joan cusack could play us).

10:17 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

boy...you 2 somehow seem REALLY different.

I can't imagine 100 degrees...after a few nice summer-like days it became spring-like again which, of course, now seems cold by comparison. Rain, rain, more rain but everything is lush and green. The crabapples and magnolias are in bloom. When the sun shines it is magnificent.

10:24 AM  
Blogger MT Callahan said...

Well, we aren't really all that different. I've just got higher mileage and have mellowed a bit. Do they call it "kilometerage" in Canada : )

10:59 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Kilometerage? Nope, don't think so....still "mileage" and it sucks to be in the generation just preceeding the change from imperial to metric. I can't think in centimetres and millimetres...it's inches & yards for me. I think in kilometres/hour simply because of driving but it you ask me how far something is: I relate in miles even if it is easier to figure out the time to get somewhere using km and km/hr. And then there's celsius and farenheit. We now have a celsius thermostat at home so I equate room temperature with 22C and then go from there. So...100F would be about 38C...doesn't sound nearly so hot, does it? It was 27C here a week and a half ago...80F...not bad.

12:05 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

CHRIST NOT THE FRACKING WEATHER, GUY !

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home