Thursday, April 07, 2005

Lunch With the Lizards

The desert has decided that it’s time to return to normal. Temperatures have reached into the low ninety-degree range. The moisture left from our winter rains is quickly disappearing. The proper dryness has returned to the air. The grasses and weeds are fading while some of the wildflowers still cling to life. Some say that there hasn’t been such an incredible display of wildflowers in over ten years. You can smell summer in the air.

I take my lunch just after 12:00. It’s not yet the heat of the day and I like to stand in the sun while I eat. The parking lot at work has some nicely landscaped areas between the upper and lower levels. Small lizards are starting to show themselves, sneaking out of the bushes to warm up and snack on a few insects. It amazing how quickly they dart in and out of cover.

From where I stand at lunch, I can see the roof of the venue where OL played last spring. Today, I found myself so excited about the upcoming concert. It’s nice to have something to look forward to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Borya said...

I perfectly agree with your last sentence. January passed so quickly while I was looking forward to going to Mexico. ATM I have a lack of doing so. There's something that might turn into it but I can't say yet. Need to be careful.
Alas, it's not an OL concert. I still don't plan seeing him play in NYC. It still might take another couple of years...

4:03 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

And over night we have snow again here.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home