Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bear Lake - Utah


Bear Lake - Utah
Originally uploaded by Matt Callahan.
Sitting in the car, on the beach, watching my children play along the shore. They’re building sandcastles. The wind has picked up and the sand stings the back of your legs as it rushes across the beach. The water is still calm but small waves are starting across the surface.

As lakes are not something I see much anymore, I smile as I retrieve the mp3 player from my bag and bring up the Wide-Eyed disc from the Opium collection. Quickly scrolling through the menu, I play Ripple / Wind Over Water on repeat for quite some time, watching the waves, listening to the wind, watching the castles take shape.

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Nice post, Matt.

7:28 PM  
Blogger MissMichindo said...

does it ever feel strange to be the dad and not the kid at the beach?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

When was the last time you built a sandcastle? And why not doing it anymore?

A couple of days a go, I talked on the phone with Luis, my friend from Ecuador, who is married to a German. We both agreed on not liking much to go out to a pub but to a lake instead or a waterfall nearby to make a fire, play guitar and take some whatever. This is not only for teenagers, he said. And I agree.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

"take some whatever"?

5:10 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

alcohol is not necessary to feel good

7:47 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

you guys are full of surprises :D

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home