Sunday, September 10, 2006

Barrett Martin - Earthspeaker

I downloaded Barrett Martin’s Earthspeaker from the Listening Lounge yesterday afternoon after sampling a few tracks. I love it when music finds you at just the right time. I needed something different. There was a void to fill that I couldn’t quite identify. Not even my beloved Opium could quench my thirst. This was serious. Something had to be done.

I’d been meaning to sit and listen to the tracks from this collection to see what they offered but time, as always, is a rare commodity. My interest was driven by the fact that Barrett is part of the yet unnamed project with Ottmar Liebert, Rahim Alhaj and Jon Gagan. I should have simply purchased the music when it was added to the lounge and been done with it. After listening to Agbadza and Sunlight, I was hooked. I burned a CD and then added the tracks to the mp3 player. I took the CD on a short car ride after dark and listened through headphones while waiting for sleep to take me.

I woke up ready to pontificate, to wax poetic about this new treasure. Out of curiosity, I began to explore Barrett’s website and found this and this. I find myself outdone by the source. There is nothing more that I could add. I’m happy to see that the world offers me another kindred spirit. A lover of the desert due to it's unique balance and harsh reality. In addition, I have another source that can speak through music, leaving cumbersome words behind.

Hopefully, Barrett’s Painted Desert CD will be added to the lounge soon. I look forward to hearing more.

4 Comments:

Blogger Borya said...

I just finished downloading Earthspeaker but haven't listened into it yet. You raise my curiosity.

12:48 PM  
Blogger mario said...

Wonderful, it is..... and The Painted Desert also. Quite a journey from the Screaming Trees and Mad Season.....A beautiful journey!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Hmm, I listened briefly but couldn't get into it. Perhaps it is, as you said, a matter of timing? Glad it found you well :) Hopefully Thira, Transit2, and up close will quench that thirst soon too.

5:11 PM  
Blogger c.addle said...

please, can you help me? where can i download barrett martin's albums from?? pls...thanks

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home