Friday, January 27, 2006

Taking Time to Think

Driving eastbound this morning after dropping the kids off at school, I watched the sun rise over the mountains. The sky was colored in a mix of orange, pink, and purple. The few clouds helped to softly blend all the colors together. Oddly enough, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream was on the radio.

I started again to think about the concept of a long-term vacation. More accurately, an absence from the work environment. I really want to watch more of the world. To soak in what happens everyday but without me present to witness it. I’m thinking about an entire year of observation. Taking photos, sketching, writing notes, or even stories about the most mundane items that are overlooked each day. The question would be how to pay the bills.

7 Comments:

Blogger MissMichindo said...

we inhabited the same womb (at different times), so i guess it makes sense that we share a brain.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kym. said...

well.. I'd say...
"JUST DO IT!"

...but, yes, I know.. it's not that easy.
Kym.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

If you figure out how to make it happen let me in on your secret.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Luz said...

I'm with Heather...let me in on your secret too...it you find it!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kym. said...

oh, I've just come back to say...
"Sunshine of Your Love" is one of my fave songs... great!
:)
Kym.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Mmm...save money for a little while, use that to pay the bills (a year may be too much but perhaps a couple of months?), and make sure to blog, my friend :)

12:54 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

Being an (good) author means a good deal of recklessness in a certain respect. Towards yourself as well, of course. You'd have to search a way inbetween, I fear, or win the lottery.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home