Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Momentary Reprieve

In the middle of my workday, during the endless paper shuffling and phone calls, I found some unexpected relief. I was placed on hold after calling a customer and was greeted by radio station identification. At this point, I normally fear the worst. Ten minutes of rap, hip-hop, or –gasp- country music. Instead, I was treated to the soft and instantly comforting introductory notes of Surrender 2 Love. In that very instant, my shoulders relaxed, my face creased with a smile, and all was right with the world.

You never know how long you’ll be on hold. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about ten seconds and my joy was interrupted by a voice on the line. No matter. In my world, I’ll take what I can get.

2 Comments:

Blogger Borya said...

You didn't call a couple of more times or asked to be left in the line waiting? :-)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Hey, exactly, take what you can get! :) At least they have taste in music down there...hehe

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home