Saturday, June 04, 2005

Laugh out loud

Last night, I was laying in bed listening to the 10th anniversary edition of OL's Nouveau Flamenco. As the rest of the house was asleep, I was using headphones. During "Passing Storm" I heard the detail of the squeaking chair and started to laugh uncontrollably. For some reason, the fact that this sound made it onto the recording and the mental picture of Ottmar sitting in the chair, moving to the music was hilarious.

I have no explanation or excuse. Try it yourself and see what the results are. Headphones are a must and you really need to listen for the squeak. Just sitting here writing this, I'm laughing again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

And I am laughing reading your post. I'll have to give it a listen.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Borya said...

That must indeed be a headphone thing. I tried to find it with the music playing aloud in the car but I failed. So far.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

I can see the very image of you sitting down and laughing your butt off. hehe

9:31 PM  
Blogger Luz said...

Ironically, I too was listening to NF last night with headphones but sure didnt' hear the squeaking chair. Will have to try it again tonight. BTW, can someone tell me what song they can hear Ottmar breathing on La Semana?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Luz said...

BTW2...are you getting psyched for the week ahead? I would be! Can't wait to hear all about it.

9:42 PM  
Blogger MT Callahan said...

Oh, I'm ready. Just hope the week goes by quickly.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

i listened last night & missed it so then i played it once again & HEARD IT! needless to say, i started laughing....thinking of you...and laughing. i would never have know that was what is was if you had not told me.

yes, we're all waiting patiently for a full report...and lots of pics now that you have a camera. you have been terribly quiet lately.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home