Monday, September 19, 2005

yo-yo


yoyo
Originally uploaded by Matt Callahan.
Technology is good. I like downloading music, shopping online, digital photography, mp3 players. All these things make life a little easier and maybe a bit more fun. But sometimes, technology gets the best of us.

Things have been moving pretty fast lately. There hasn’t been much time to write, take pictures, or do most other things I enjoy. I decided it was time to slow things down a bit. I needed a stress reliever. Jut a little something simple to take a break with. Then it hit me. I needed a yo-yo.

A few minutes of up and down is strangely relaxing. I haven’t had a yo-yo for quite a long time so I’m relearning some tricks. Nothing too fancy, I’m keeping it simple. Take my advice. Get a yo-yo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Borya said...

Though agreeing with what u say technology is causing me more and more headaches. Maybe I use all the wrong way.

A yoyo, hm. Long time no play me neither.

4:25 AM  
Blogger MissMichindo said...

i remember we got really shitty yoyos from frankenmuth, just little pieces of tin that didn't snap back when you dropped them from your palm.
maybe they weren't from frankenmuth after all.

"life moves pretty fast. if you don't stop and take a look around, you could miss it." (or words to that effect.)

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kym. said...

I certainly take your advice, am going to get me a yo-yo!
Oh, Matt, you are SO GRRRRRREAT!! You just made me smile soooooo happily!
Love ya (well, sort of)
Kym. (is still smiling and laughing, thanks to you!)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Does...does the yo-yo at least play MP3s and shop online for you??

11:40 PM  
Blogger MT Callahan said...

Adam! Shhh! This was supposed to be about simplicity and going back to basics. Now everyone will know the truth.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Luz said...

Funny in that when my brother got tired of his yo yo, I would go and pick it up and play around with it. I love yo yo's and just might have to be a copycat too!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home