Sunday, December 17, 2006

Merry Christmas

I dropped off my children and their mother at the airport this morning at 4:30. For a number of reasons, they will be spending the holidays in Michigan. December 25th will find me waking in a house occupied by a dog, two birds, and a fish. 2006 has been a year of great change for me. Awakening to things I had never known before. Finding holes in the program I deemed unacceptable. This last action seems a fitting end to this 12-month cycle.

A path that seemed nothing more than a straight line has fractured into a confusing maze of options. I know what direction I want to move in, I know what I want. I simply do not know which line will take me there.

So, with that bit of light news out of the way, I’ll say Merry Christmas to my friends. I was born without a politically correct gene so please don’t be offended that I haven’t offered a happy holiday wish.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then I'll just assume you meant "Happy Non-Denominational Winter Holiday"! ;)

I would wish you well in finding the right path to choose, but I have confidence you'll do so either way. Hope all works out well my friend!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Borya said...

Hmmm ... deep thinking ... will be back

12:42 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

I've just spent a day being impressed (again) about the way you are able to express yourself, to put it in words. Same concerning Megan who unfortunately went underground for a long while now ... I'd be the first to buy your book - with eyes closed.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I hope your Christmas Day was all you wanted it to be.

Each year I find Christmas changes. When my children were young their excitement was the most important part of the day. As they, and I, get older it becomes more of a chore: so much work. Today, Boxing day, I am so relieved it's all in the past. Christmas just seems to sap all my energy.

The best Christmas we ever had in recent years was the year we were supposed to have Christmas dinner at my father's but it stormed so we had to postpone until Boxing Day. We spent Christmas day in our pyjamas, watching movies, playing games. We didn't even have a proper meal. It was wonderful. Some year I'm going to plan an all day in your pj's Christmas Day.

Wishing you well with the changes in your life. Once you get to a certain point in your life it's not as easy to take the direction you want because now it's not only you, it's a whole family that is impacted by your decision. Trust me...I know.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home