Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Untitled from Opium

These were my notes from my mobile blog (read notebook) entered on October 5th after nearly one hour of the Untitled from Opium track played on repeat.

The chant pulls you in. Unable to break free and having no wish to, the sound of the bass lifts you. Now a vapor, you float free, unchained from Earthly bonds.

Electric guitar wakes you from the trance but does not force you back to reality. Moving through the air, the wind at your face and the ground moving below, all there is to be heard is the music. It fills all that is known.

The chant maintains the hypnosis. The bass keeps you aloft. The guitar powers the flight and guides your senses. The visual is of your own design.

5 Comments:

Blogger MissMichindo said...

mobile blog! you are my hero!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

A pity that is has an end.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Luz said...

Wow Matt, nicely done.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Matt, do you think you could do one of these for each of the songs on "Winter Rose"?

"still waters run deep..."

5:53 AM  
Blogger MT Callahan said...

Thank you Yumiko and Luz!

Borya, all the songs stay with me. I can mentally replay them whenever I wish.

Heather, I've started a "review" of Winter Rose but I think it may come out as more of a testimonial. I've spent a lot of time with the new CD. Addicted may be the word.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home