Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Vacations, Today and Tomorrow

Tomorrow I leave for the “Happiest Place on Earth”. No, this is not a trip to Santa Fe. We are off to Disneyland. As with any trip, the journey is as important as the destination. It’s six wonderful hours of driving through empty desert to get to LA. The CD collection is ready and so am I.

As enjoyable as it may be, my real vacation will be in April.

Ottmar’s first solo shows are in Seattle on April 21st and 22nd. After not making it to any of the holiday shows, there was no way I was going to miss this opportunity. It seems that a few other dedicated fans are of the same mind and now we have a small crew, including a special visitor from across the Atlantic, who will be making the pilgrimage to Washington State.

The plans are still fairly open. We are working on hotel choices and the like. If any one else thinks they may like to join in, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail. I’ll fill you in on the details. It should be quite an adventure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Have fun. Personally, I love Disney theme parks!

Have a great holiday & act like a kid!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Luz said...

Enjoy Disney. Looking forward to some pics!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

Driving and listening to Ottmar... sounds like a good trip already! And then prepare for sensory overload! Disney is a blast, but it just might be possible to be entertained to death. Have fun!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kym. said...

Oh, I loved Disneyland in LA so much!! Have fun!

Kym.(has to confess that her eyes were tighly shut all the time in the SpaceMountain... :P)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Borya said...

Don't ask your sister because she should keep her money for fulfilling her own dream of a London trip. :) Hey, actually I wonder when the two of you might meet again!

Well, since it's such a bunch of you already (short) multi-faceted descriptions of the experience (gathering, OL) should be wonderful to read. I hope you will share parts of it.

And certainly it would be nice to read Kiyomi write about Ottmar again. And with her cam there are tremendous pictures to be expected.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Which show are you planning on attending? I believe I asked Victor this but he never responded...Anyway, if I get into Harvard then I'll be gone during that weekend but the show Friday night may still be a possibility. It wouldn't be easy but, desperate times call for desperate measures! Anyway, not sure if I'd ruin the mood, what with my being a lil' kid and all, but if you don't mind having me there, I'll see what I can do...

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home